WHY JOIN THE WBC?
Benefit from over 24 years of successful industry-academia collaborative research, with leading scientists in the field.
Research agenda created by industry. Members oversee research progress and deliverables.
Valuable element in member’s open innovation portfolio.
REDUCE RESEARCH COSTS
A cooperative system reduces the costs of access to equipment, facilities, and human resources while allowing the development of multiple projects of interest.
Exclusive access to research findings. Peer-reviewed publication delayed up to one year.
You will belong to an international collaborative forum of industry members and scientists.
Research is done at universities with state-of-the-art research facilities and technology.
ACCESS TO TALENT
Members have early, ongoing access to student recruits.
What does the Membership involve?
- Engagement with industry members, faculty, and students
- Participation in semi-annual meetings, with service on the technical or executive committees
- Serving as a technical advisor for WBC projects
- Enhanced opportunity to evaluate and hire WBC-funded graduate students
- Participation in research topic identification and project planning
- Selection of projects based on a member vote
- Uniform membership agreement
- Commitment to payment of an annual fee of $40,000
What does a Member get in Return for the Fee?
- Invitation to semi-annual meetings
- Access to all WBC technical documents
- Royalty-free use of IP
- Opportunity for collaborative participation in pre-competitive research
- Opportunity for co-authorship on publications
- Member fee is leveraged for common research goals (projected funding for FY23 is $600,000)
- The indirect cost of research performed at universities is limited to 10%